Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Click this link to start the installation for Firefox.
- If Firefox warns you of software installation, click the Allow button in the top right corner.
- Click the Install button.
- Click the "Restart Firefox" button to restart Firefox.
Internet Explorer (Windows only)
- Click this link to download the LibX plugin for Internet Explorer.
- Click the Run button when prompted to Run or Save the file.
- If a warning is displayed about the publisher, click Run to proceed.
- When the installation has finished, restart Internet Explorer.
More on installation
LibX links you back to NYU Library resources whether you are browsing the web, looking for books at Amazon.com, doing research in Google Scholar, or just reading your e-mail.
LibX Main Features:
- Embedded links (available on Google, Amazon.com, Google Scholar, Wikipedia, etc.)
- Right-click menu (highlight text from any web page and right-click for a list of options)
- Toolbar (quickly search BobCat catalog, NYU Journals, Databases and Articles or Google Scholar)
- Proxy - Easy way to connect to NYU licensed resources when you are off campus.
LibX automatically places the this symbol in web pages if NYU Library has resources related to that page.
When you see the symbol, click on the link to look at what the library has to offer. For instance, Google search results, book pages at Amazon and references on Wikipedia will search for the item in Bobcat. See examples below.
You can highlight text on any webpage or email message and right click for a menu of search options. See below.
Provides quick links to NYU Library pages.
On the right you can select the catalog you want to search. Toolbar can be disabled by pressing F9 function key.
Proxy - Connect to NYU resources from off-campus.
This feature allows re-connecting a webpage to link to resources that are licensed to only authorized NYU users. The feature is not installed by default and has to be configured in the Preferences menu by enabling Proxy option in the context menu as in the example below