The purpose of this guide is to help users to identify, locate, and use primary sources in their research.
Click on the tabs near the top of the page to:
- Read definitions of primary, secondary, and tertiary sources and learn to distinguish between them
- Locate primary sources at Bobst Library and beyond
- Find primary sources by subject
- Learn how to evaluate and cite primary sources
- Link to the Using Archives & Manuscripts Research Guide for additional research assistance
Note About this LibGuide
NYU Libraries acknowledges the work of Donna L. Davey, former Tamiment Librarian, as the original creator and author of the content of this LibGuide.