Welcome to Bobst Library Box
Librarian for International Students
Please note that although Pamela Bloom is the specialist in this area, all of the staff at Bobst are here to help you and would be happy to answer your questions. Feel free to stop by the 1st and 5th fl. reference desk to speak to the librarian on duty during reference hours. For a full list of librarians by subject specialty, go to Subject Specialists.
Helpful Research Tips
DRAFT OF TIPS:
(1) Activate your library card at the Circulation Desk on the 1st Floor of Bobst Library so that you can fully use all the Library's resources. Your NYU ID card is also your library card.
(2) Make sure that you understand your assignment or project. If you are not sure what your assignment means, ask your professor or TA to explain it to you.
(3) Start your research early because library materials you need may already be checked out by another user. The Library does not always own a copy of materials you will need for your research. Allow extra time if you need materials that that are not owned by Bobst Library. Interlibrary Loan is a fast service, but it can still take a couple of days.
(4) Introduce yourself to your subject librarian. Your subject librarian......
(5) Keep careful and complete notes of your reference citations including author, title, place of publication, publisher, date of publication, volume, and page numbers. You will need this information for your bibliography. You can also open a RefWorks account to help you manage these citations.
(6) Remember that you can access most library resources from off-campus -- at your home, office, or wherever you have an Internet connection. Most databases will require that you enter your Net ID and password when connecting from off-campus.
(7) Ask for help!.....